20 Mar 2011 Rally to Stop the Intervention
20 March 2011
Sydney Town Hall, 1 P.M.
For videos of the event please click here.
For the flier: please click here
For the Media Release: please click here
For John Leemans Speech of 15 March 2011: please click here
Speakers to include:
Chris Graham - Founding and former editor of the National Indigenous Times
John Leemans - Kalkaringi and Daguragu Strike Leader and Gurindji spokesman
Nicole Watson - Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning, UTS
To mark the UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, Stop the Intervention Collective Sydney (STICS) is organising a rally in central Sydney.
We are demanding:
- Stop the NT intervention - no to racism!
- Make all laws subject to the Racial Discrimination Act1975
- Welfare rights for all - no income management
- Land Rights not Leases
- Real Jobs not BasicCards
These control measures remain in place:
- Government Business Managers on Aboriginal communities
- Signing over Aboriginal land for 5-40 years before housing or services are offered
- Racist alcohol and pornography bans
- People will still not have access to the Racial Discrimination Act to challenge these measures
Demonstrate your opposition to these policies at our rally on Sunday March 20, 1pm Sydney Town Hall
Some of the following photos are courtesty of Barbara McGrady.
Some of the speakers of the event
From left to right: Graham, David, John, Jenny, Chris, Nicole, Lola